When to replace brake fluid

Buff and Hugh

Our Transit van has driven 8,000 miles in its first 19 months. An "oil change needed" warning message has prompted us to book its first service, and we have opted for a "2 year service" rather than a "1 year inspection" + oil change on the basis that we would probably need to have a 2 year service within a few months anyway.

The garage has asked whether we want the brake fluid changed. Although this is recommended after 2 years it is apparently not part of the regular 2 year service. We're told that the lapse of time is the major factor in determining when an oil change is needed, but we wonder whether the low mileage might justify a delay in having that done. We would welcome advice.

Hugh