Peter S

A Google throws up lots of links about getting a visa but it seems impossible as a tourist. Look at this site part way down.:-

"The Lonely Planet Thorn Tree forums, while a mess of random posts, are good for one thing: stuff like this. I came across one great quote: “This topic has been discussed ad nauseam here on the boards for years. If someone found a way to extend a Schengen, we would have heard of it by now.”

He’s right. Simply put, you cannot extend your tourist visa or entry stamp. There’s a 90-day limit, and that’s that."

Peter S

On 16/03/2021 15:34:41, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

Musicians are moaning so presumably not at the moment


On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 at 14:34, Mick Potter via <> wrote:
Thanks Carol, I'll wade through this when I've got time.  (The images get lost in the email I got - they are there if you look on the io website.)
Does anyone know if it will be possible to just get a visa that would allow longer time in Schengen?  A multi-entry 5 year visa, say, wouldn't be too much trouble.
In normal times, we do a couple of trips each year, normally 2-3 months, so would probably be OK with 90out of 180, but we only book our return when we're ready to come home, and it would be nice not to have to worry about the odd few days.
Does anyone know someone with a travelling job that requires a lot of time in Schengen?  They, or their company, may have solved this.

Carol WeaverAires photos here|.
Sign up for SMUGMUG here:
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link;


Join to automatically receive all group messages.