Re: A sign of cell phone price increases

charlie.green@...

That all may well be true Alan, however, Trump lost the Presidency, therefore this possibly allows a u turn on this policy, that and as yet the The Telecommunications Bill (Security) has not yet finished its route through Parliament. My understanding is that it is at the Committee Stage. Will will have to wait and see

In any case Lebara are not a network operator they are a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) which is a wireless communications services provider that does not own the wireless infra structure over which it provides services to its customers. An MVNO enters into a business agreement with a mobile network service, in this case Vodafone, to obtain bulk access to network services at wholesale rates, then sets retail prices independently.

Bearing all this in mind I still think Lebara like other virtual network operators will still be a cheaper option.