Re: The COVId-19 App for YOUR smartphone.

yorkcov

I think Alan they were responding to public feedback on the first abortive app that people didn't want to be tracked and didn't want their information stored centrally. I probably would have not downloaded it if it was tracking me
Alan Y

On 30 September 2020 16:58:45 BST, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, 30 Sep 2020 at 08:35, Bennett Family via groups.io
<martin.bennett47=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

´╗┐For someone constantly travelling from pitch to pitch, putting in
your

required postcode is just nonsense.
Why?
Don't all phones these days have a built-in GPSr? Also I understand
that all service providers have to know where their subscribers are
for law enforcement etc.

A quality app should be able to obtain the phone's location
automatically.

Also who knows the postcode when they are out and about.