Re: ADAC - UPDATE

David Scholes

I mentioned that I had been required for my insurance by CCC. As part of the haggling to try to get a bit more for some of the vast increase in premium I got them to include recovery in any country in Europe (£85 ish) but not sure if I got home start in it but that isn’t a priority for me whereas getting me on my way in a foreign land most certainly is.

BTW my wife had a doctors visit for annual check up and conversation turned to Covid and possibility of second burst over winter and the medics very apprehensive.

David

On 26 Aug 2020, at 12:01, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

I think we will all miss it’s demise tbh. But not a lot we can do.

There must surely be an equivalent in UK that allows husband and wife just travelling in any car to be covered in UK and EU with Home Start

Does anyone know?

Carol

On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 at 11:06, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
That's interesting, Carol. A few years back I was stuck in the grass

at a desrted French campsite. No one around to pull me out (one of

those auto pay at barrier places).

Rang Adac where English speaker asked if I had broken down. No, just

stuck in mud. Sorry, we're a brakedown/recovery service. But she took

pity and did arrange for a truck. Hour later a big recovery lorry

arrived and got me back onto tarmac.

I guess in you case Carol your Honda had broken down and their service

is (well was) assistance in any of the countries then covered

wherever, so including your home. Probably the wording "home-start"

isn't even in their german conditions.

Tim