Re: Jersey continued

Derek Sims

Hi Martin
Checked today with Carolyn of the Hideaway Stopover and motorhome storage.
As expected, they haven't bought the former Daisy Cottage site, though she knows it's changed hands. Just enjoying our last few days of freedom here, in glorious sunshine today.
Probably stop for our evening meal on the seafront.
Found some new next-but-one neighbours at the Stopover this morning. Nice couple from Farnham in a long, high panel van conversion, for which the return fare would have been about £500. They're retired and would normally go to France, but as they couldn't, they'd decided to explore Jersey. I asked how long they were staying, thinking it would be 3-4 weeks, and was amazed when they told me they're returning on Monday afternoon, to Poole. So by the time they get back home they'll have spent £600 on ferry and site fees plus return fuel, probably £40. They'll have four full days which will have cost them £160 per day, not counting food and entertainment, plus two days travelling. Things must be dire in Farnham!
KRs
Derek
--
Sent from my Android phone with GMX Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

On 19/08/2020, 12:30 "Bennett Family via groups.io" <martin.bennett47@...> wrote:

I copied Derek’s email to Jim Rowley who used to be on this List but no longer has a MH. He lives in Jersey and commented:

 One site that Derek missed off in Jersey was Haut De La Garrenne ,the old childrens' home !n Gorey. Our daughter and family use this site quite often because it is easy to walk down to Gorey. The people who run the storage facility on Beaumont Hiil ,going towards the airport i believe have taken over Daisy Cottage site and making improvements, the site is well kept but you still have quite a walk to St Ouens bay. The sites are still all open but used by a lot of local campers on Staycations . Our daughter tells us the sites are very expensive taking advantage of the shortage of sites, typical charge for2 adults and 2 children aged 9 and 6  £50 !
If coming from the Uk it is almost cheaper to fly and stay in a decent hotel !”

He went on to add “ The advantage with the Daisy Cottage and Haut De La Garrenne sites are easy access.” And Longueville Manor needs adding to the list.