Returning to U.K. without stopping in Belgium or France

Sandytrax

We’ve been enjoying the delights of Greece since flying back to Athens on 17 July  to be reunited with  my van that we parked there in March.
Having travelled the coastline of the Peloponnese, visited the inland historic sites, traversed the mountains, all in incredible heat, we are giving some thought to travelling back to U.K.

Things may change, as Boris blunders or sleeps or makes another U turn, I think it’s officially ok to return via the channel tunnel if you don’t stop in Belgium or France. So, we could travel back via Italy, Switzerland and Germany. I think it’s a 3 or 4 hour trip from Aachen to Calais. This seems to be the shortest route.

Unless someone has a better idea.
We could store the van in Greece again and fly back.
Its quite nice to have a van in a country you love to fly back to!

Happy travels
Brian