Re: Need a Sat-Nav?

Ernest Bull

On 12 Jul 2020, at 18:26, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@...> wrote:

 However generally superior than TomTom.

I cut my Motorhoming teeth in 2003 with TomTom s/w running on my little iPaq tablet thingy. I don’t think that it would have been such an easy step to driving on the wrong side of the road in a LHD MH. And it was absolutely faultless.

Over the next 15 years I had a succession of TomToms and ended up with a Garmin Camper 760. Apart from our Samsung dumb-as-a-rock Smart TV, it must be my most regretted purchase. It was totally counter-intuitive to work and although it’s traffic monitor promised to save me many frustrating miles of gridlock and delay, it did the exact opposite. I think that I reported being diverted through Heathrow’s warehouses and car parks and through a gridlocked the SE London because of a little delay at the M3/M25 junction.

After that, I always took a TomTom 100 as a back-up and had to use it on may occasions.

What I really missed was the ability to go thru TomTom’s maps and select a destination. So simple and so convenient.