Re: Camping under covid

Carol Weaver

Well I think you must be a pessimist. We are at Salisbury CCC and no showers or toilets but as we don’t use them it didn’t bother us. But everyone is well spaced out and no big mingling. Those that have met up are sitting well apart

In town today too we saw no problems at all

Carol who is going to live her life and not live in fear.

On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 at 22:41, Alan Morris <alan.g4ens@...> wrote:
On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 at 07:24, James Cheney <jim@...> wrote:

The Hymer was a panic buy immediately after the brexit vote.  We had
chosen a Carthago as they would build-in the options we wanted on a
custom factory build.  But this entailed a long delivery delay and
brexit would have increased the final price.

So we had to buy an ex-stock motorhome.  The Hymer was the best
available.  Just as the Covid situation started, we had been pricing
how much it would cost to:-

re-model the wet room,
replace the gas/mains/12v fridge/freezer with a 12 volt/mains compressor type
replace the gas oven with a smart microwave

and instal a 12 volt system with inverter to power the microwave and
other items to be added.

But the Covid situation has changed the world and travel.

As expected, the cost of camp sites is increasing as well as
insurance.  We've lost the ADAC cover, thus another increase.  Add on
the higher costs of a no-deal brexit.

It will probably be early 2022 before safe travelling resumes.

Sad but true.

I've already read Tims link a few days ago.

Alan with a half full glass of French wine.