Re: E-scooters from Saturday

David Scholes

The EU regs on bikes are the same as U.K. Max speed 25 kph (15mph) except for Germany have a faster one but it has to have insurance and a licence. In UK bikes are NOT allowed on most pavements. But many people cheat just like road speed disabled scooters often cheat and go on the pavement.
The main difference is not the speed or going on pavements but the fact that the escooters are far more dangerous than bikes. And it is fairly obvious that most riders of them seem to totally disregard the laws.
I ride an electric bike but I wouldn’t go on a main road on one of those scooters.

David

On 30 Jun 2020, at 22:04, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

I don’t get why bikes can’t ride on pavements and through shopping places but scooters can’t.

I think European ones can go faster.  By they sort these things out I’ll be too old to use one!! I’ll need three wheels 🤣

On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 at 20:53, Neill King &#92;(MH-List&#92;) <yahoo@...> wrote:

Yes indeed – and a bit of a waste of time until any new regs are settled.

Speed seems a major contention but there are other issues to be settled too.

Best regards

Neill   (Neill is deaf and doesn’t use the phone)
www.motorcaravanning.co.uk 01789-778825 551345165

neill@... motorcaravanning@...

On-line motorhome parts & accessory shop with added information