Re: End of ADAC Plus? - Replacement??

Neill King \(MH-List\)

Of note for drivers of pre-2007 vehicles; Green flag will not (no longer?) cover Europe for vehicles 16 years old on extra premium (or 11 years on standard premium).

Given the current situation any forward strategic planning about breakdown insurance ought maybe to cover 12 or more years so pretty much rules out the pre-2006/7 chassis.  Although not likely to affect many of the regular posters here - we do still get regular enquires here for bits for 80s-90s-00s vehicles so plainly of concern for some.

There’s also a potential catch under the section for motorhome limits where it says “Minibuses and transit size vans are specifically excluded from cover”.  That could mean that if your Ducato-Transit-Sprinter-Movano etc PVC  isn’t  listed as a ‘motorcaravan’ on the ‘V5’ you could run into difficulties. This V5 listing topic has been discussed here in the past.

Increasingly looks like we’ll go with a Comfort add-on and separate cover for the car which is likely to be UK only - but since it is mostly driven by Dilys and also with me being rather indisposed at times, it will need to cover almost all eventualities.

And ADAC did all this easily, even when sending out  the AA or RAC on their behalf.

What fun it is going to be now!

Best regards

Neill   (Neill is deaf and doesn’t use the phone)
www.motorcaravanning.co.uk 01789-778825 551345165

neill@... motorcaravanning@...

On-line motorhome parts & accessory shop with added information