Re: End of ADAC Plus? - Replacement??

Neill King \(MH-List\)

Of note for drivers of pre-2007 vehicles; Green flag will not (no longer?) cover Europe for vehicles 16 years old on extra premium (or 11 years on standard premium).

Given the current situation any forward strategic planning about breakdown insurance ought maybe to cover 12 or more years so pretty much rules out the pre-2006/7 chassis.  Although not likely to affect many of the regular posters here - we do still get regular enquires here for bits for 80s-90s-00s vehicles so plainly of concern for some.

There’s also a potential catch under the section for motorhome limits where it says “Minibuses and transit size vans are specifically excluded from cover”.  That could mean that if your Ducato-Transit-Sprinter-Movano etc PVC  isn’t  listed as a ‘motorcaravan’ on the ‘V5’ you could run into difficulties. This V5 listing topic has been discussed here in the past.

Increasingly looks like we’ll go with a Comfort add-on and separate cover for the car which is likely to be UK only - but since it is mostly driven by Dilys and also with me being rather indisposed at times, it will need to cover almost all eventualities.

And ADAC did all this easily, even when sending out  the AA or RAC on their behalf.

What fun it is going to be now!

Best regards

Neill   (Neill is deaf and doesn’t use the phone)
--------------------------------------------------------------
www.motorcaravanning.co.uk 01789-778825 551345165

neill@... motorcaravanning@...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
On-line motorhome parts & accessory shop with added information

From: motorhome-list@groups.io [mailto:motorhome-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of peter walker via groups.io
Sent: 15 June 2020 14:49
To: motorhome-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [motorhome-list] End of ADAC Plus? - Replacement??

Hi Neil,

I find that green flag is the cheapest through the c&MC.

Not had to use them in anger though.

Was rac arrival but got very expensive and last time I used them we were left stranded for around 12 hours.

Pete

On Mon, 15 Jun 2020 at 13:33, Carol Weaver

<corconx@...> wrote:

Motorhome with Comfort with b/down. Car not and needs sorting 

There’s a need for an ADAC like policy inUK

CAROL

On Mon, 15 Jun 2020 at 13:01, Neill King &#92;(MH-List&#92;) <yahoo@...> wrote:

Hi all you ADAC-ers, is there any consensus yet on the best/better replacements for ADAC Plus - for either just UK or for Europe?

Before ADAC we had a 5-person personal with RAC Arrival via CCC but that looks very expensive now especially for just 2 or 3 people. We never qualified for the ex civil service deal elsewhere.

I can say I’d like something more motorhome / touring specific that the ‘freebies’ include with bank accounts say. I’m also reluctant to tie breakdown cover to insurance, we’ve often found we wanted to go in different directions on those!

Any up to date news welcome!

Best regards

Neill   (Neill is deaf and doesn’t use the phone)
--------------------------------------------------------------
www.motorcaravanning.co.uk 01789-778825 551345165

neill@... motorcaravanning@...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
On-line motorhome parts & accessory shop with added information

--

--
Carol WeaverAires photos here|. www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please and use this link; https://www.plus.net/refer.php?strReferralsUid=190439df75498abb9996f599912e9539a8e2217307e3338783b7c846899424d4

Join motorhome-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.