Re: back on road?

Carol Weaver

Sounds like same place but must have changed name.  Anyway the site facilities were able to be used by THS at extra cost. How much we never used them. The bus was useful to get back up After a long day

Carol

On Sun, 24 May 2020 at 11:06, Carol Weaver via groups.io <corconx=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
No Century Park up by Berry Head

Carol

On Sun, 24 May 2020 at 06:07, Derek Sims <derek.sims@...> wrote:

That sounds like Wall Park, near Brixham Rugby Club and Berry Head. We had several days there last year as it’s convenient for visiting Tish’s Mum in Totnes. I grew up a couple of miles away and met an old school friend I hadn’t seen for 53 years close to the site.

It’s used by several District Associations (DAs) as a THS throughout the season and has good level pitches as it’s on a school football pitch. One of the DA organisers told me how they used to have about 80 units, filling two fields and now it’s less than half that. I think it may increase in popularity again as the site has recently been totally refurbished and has an excellent facilities block, on a par with club sites.

It’s an easy walk to a stunning part of the Coastal Path at Berry Head and only a short walk to town if you’re fit enough for the climb back up. If not, there’s a regular bus service which stops nearby and from the bus station there is a frequent service which goes right around Torbay and on to Newton Abbott. There’s loads to do in the area both for individuals and families, including the Torbay Steam Railway, linking with various boat and bus options which can take in Dartmouth, Totnes and Agatha Christie’s former home on the Dart, Greenway House. The area does get pretty crowded in peak season but it’s mild enough to have a long season.

There - I should have earned my fiver kickback by now, provided you just mention my name when you arrive - Dominic Cummings.

Stay sane

Derek

Sent using the GMX mail app

From: "Carol Weaver" <corconx@...>
Date: 23 May 2020
To: motorhome-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [motorhome-list] back on road?
Only place was about 15+ years ago at Brixham one but there were three places. All pegged out. We continued going until the owner died and family took over and it changed. Price went up 50% and got taken over. We’ve not been back  It stopped being popular

Carol

On Sat, 23 May 2020 at 09:31, Bennett Family via groups.io <martin.bennett47=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Carol (& Tim)

Yes I expect that would be the case almost always.

I think these and the DA weekend meets would suit Tim on his wanders around Britain.

And they are cheap compared to the normal Site fees.

The only one I phoned said that they thought we’d struggle to get our Motorhome through the gate - we had “gone large†at the time - so we went elsewhere although I suspect we would have got through as the advice came from a camper.

Martin

On 23 May 2020, at 09:06, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

Phone first?  I’ve never phoned before and to date always got a place.

Carol

On Sat, 23 May 2020 at 09:04, Bennett Family via groups.io <martin.bennett47=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Temporary Holiday Sites organised via CCC. Normally all round the country for varying lengths of time. Members can often just turn up and stay for 1 night or a few weeks. Usually expected to phone first.

Martin

On 23 May 2020, at 08:54, andyowl2004 via groups.io <andyowler=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Forgive my ignorance, and I assume that CCC refers to Camping and Caravanning Club, but what does "THS" stand for?

Andy Owler