Re: Ducato Instruments

Mick Potter

Thanks for your comments all. This seems to have become needlessly complicated: I thought I was posting a simple piece of advice.

To sum up:

All the dials stopped working at once.

The fuses were OK.

The speedo started working (I hadn't mentioned this before).

I removed the instrument pod and cleaned the connector contacts.

No change.

I took the unit to be fixed. They told me that the 'motors' had seized, and that this is a common problem. It now works fine.

I conclude that it was a problem internal to the instrument pod, maybe 'motors', maybe something else. It is now fixed.

Before taking it to be fixed, I decided that, despite a lifetime career in electronics, I was not willing to take the risk of b#ggering it up at a cost of >£600, but to pay £125 to get it fixed.

End of story.

Bests

Mick