Re: Ducato Instruments

Mick Potter

Thanks Ern, but the fuses were OK. And the guy in the repair shop called them 'motors', a term I queried, and which he confirmed, so I guess that's the name used in the trade.

Bests

Mick

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 10:41, Ernest Bull
<ernb32@...> wrote:
On Mon, 18 May 2020 at 16:41, Mick Potter <mickpotter@...> wrote:

My ~10yo 'van is based on a Fiat Ducato, like many others.  For obvious reasons, it hasn't been used much lately

I recently took it out after not using it for 4-5 weeks, just so that it got a run.  None of the instruments (speedo, rev counter, temp and fuel level) worked.  They were all stuck hard on zero.

The motors inside seize up.

No motors to seize up, Mick. They are, basically, electronically driven voltmeters or ammeters calibrated in MPH or RPM. Check out this link.

You are undoubtedly suffering from a blown fuse or a missing connection. Check the fuseboxes first. Possibly F38 and 53 in the dashboard box and F22 in the engine compartment. Other than that try the MH Forum;

Hope that helps!

ErnB
Ex-Motorhomer (Hymer Tramp)