Re: future on the road?

Andy Clarke

 It's not a planning restriction. 5 van sites are administered by 'Exempted Organisations',   such small sites can be set up without the usual planning and licence requirements. It is up to the Exempted Organisations to state whether the sites are restricted to their members only. CCC & CMC both impose this restriction, Motor Caravanners Club doesn't.

Andy Clarke

On Sun, 3 May 2020 19:11 John Clemence, <clemence.john@...> wrote:
I totally agree with you Brian, its a shame that the 5 van sites are not openly available to anyone. I think it is due to some planning restrictions but these days that is an archaic counter intuitive regulation which needs to be re-visited. But of course, the vested interests will block any attempts in this direction.
Just down to wild camping if one is restricted to touring in the UK then.
Vive la France!
John.