Re: Where should we go for the weekend?

Carol Weaver

Tim. I suppose you could rent somewhere with a drive for six months

Carol

On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 at 10:55, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:
Fine advice for those that have got a home .....other than their van.
Still I guess that's few of you. Dilemma for me and two other vans
pitched here thousands of miles away from panic shoppers of the UK.

Suppose the old slogan Keep Calm and Carry on no longer applies.

Tim

On 21/03/2020, Derek Sims <derek.sims@...> wrote:
> The solution to these concerns could be quite simple: Advice from the NHS in
> holiday areas: "If you get Corvid 19 symptoms here, but are not resident in
> the area,  you will not be treated here and will have to return home for
> treatment". That might focus a few minds.
>
> Derek
>

> Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2020 at 10:18 AM
> From: "Trevor Mace" <trevor@...>
> To: motorhome-list@groups.io
> Subject: Re: [motorhome-list] Where should we go for the weekend?
>
> Mick,
>
> We live in Devon and much we would love to see you in normal times, not at
> present, thank you.  If you get sick whilst you are here you will place an
> extra burden on our system. Stay at home.
>
> I am 75 and suffer from Asthma attacks - my nearest hospital is 26 miles
> away.
>
> We planned to be on the NC500 next month. We will stay at home.
>
> Trevor
>
> On 20/03/2020 23:03, Mick Potter wrote:
>>
>> I agree with Andy, going away in the 'van involves no more contact with
>> anyone else than staying at home. And it's contact that is important, not
>> staying in one place.
>>
>> We had planned to go to Spain for Semana Santa, but that's obviously not
>> on: maybe we'll go to the West Country, or Suffolk, or Scotland for a week
>> or two. We're self - contained, so no danger to us or anyone else.
>>
>> Think about why you're doing things and use some common sense; don't just
>> repeat politicians' slogans.
>>
>> Mick

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please