Re: Use of your MH for self-isolation?

Bennett Family

> Although many advocate keeping kids off school, I fear that it will achieve little. I have observed several groups of pupils recently and under supervision or not, they are constantly in very close contact. Especially when on line when they pass their phones and tablets around and they all scrabbling to touch the screens.

And most of the younger kids off school seem to be looked after by their grandparents, manu of whom will be in the “at risk” group.

Martin

On 13 Mar 2020, at 09:16, Ernest Bull via Groups.Io <ernb32@...> wrote:

 On 13 Mar 2020, at 08:08, Bennett Family <martin@...> wrote:

Some useful advice from Australia about quarantine / self-isolation. Worth a read.

Margaret and I are well into the vulnerable age group. We are discouraging visitors and go out as little as possible. I do most of the shopping (Margaret’s second knee joint is good, but she has nerve damage and  suffers severe pain from hip to toes.), so I monitor my temperature and we have separate towels. When out, we wear surgical gloves and try and distance ourselves from people. The hardest thing to do is to avoid touching our faces.

We wipe our phones and my laptop regularly with anti-bacterial wipes and although touch screens are immune from normal leather gloves, I find they work well with the latex and polythene types.

________