From: motorhome-list@groups.io [mailto:motorhome-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of timsinc Sinclair
Sent: 04 March 2020 13:52
To: motorhome-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [motorhome-list] Advice Wanted on Spring East Europe Trip - Cvirus permitting!

It was autumn 2017, Derek. Yes, I touched Slovenia for a wee bit, but
for there - and Austria (which along with German Alps I loved) - I
didn't bother with any vignettes. I just set the sat-nav to avoid
m-ways and tolls. Don't know whether things changed in last three
years. Croatia coast fantastic after you get past the northern bit.

Camper Tim (at the mo west of Valencia)

On 04/03/2020, Derek Sims <derek.sims@...> wrote:
Thanks for that, Tim. One more piece for the jigsaw puzzle. Just another
question:

Not sure how long ago it was you did your trip, but did you pass through
Slovenia, and can you recall whether either country required the purchase of
a vignette to use the roads or motorways and, if so, did you have to buy it
in advance?

Sorry, I cheated. That's about three questions. must be in line for PM ;-

Thanks

Derek

Sent: Monday, March 02, 2020 at 1:42 PM
From: "timsinc Sinclair" <timsinc@...>
To: motorhome-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [motorhome-list] Advice Wanted on Spring East Europe Trip -
Cvirus permitting!
On 02/03/2020, Derek Sims <derek.sims@...> wrote:

Incidentally, has anyone driven through the short
length of Bosnia that separates the two parts of Croatio, or did you take
ferry to bridge the gap? If you drove it, how did you manage with
insuranve?
No problem driving on straight through. Couple of custom checks, but
no green card insurance required for that bit. I did go into Bosnia
later (to see Mostar and bit more) and paid €30 for 3rd party
insurance for 14 days at the border.

Campervan Tim