Re: Toll roads in Europe

Bennett Family

Tim,

I agree - I quite enjoy the less crowded French Autoroutes.

Martin

On 20 Feb 2020, at 15:56, timsinc Sinclair via Groups.Io <timsinc=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

´╗┐This obsession for avoiding toll roads amazes me when often it saves
as much on fuel and running costs.

I agree it does depend on whether time and weather (ie, not bitter
winter) is on your side. If so, yes I avoid autoroutes for the sheer
pleasure of exploring. But otherwise, I don't need to research
websites - I just tell the sat-nav.

Campervan Tim

On 20/02/2020, Tim Atkinson <tim@...> wrote:
The best free online map I've found so far for France is this

https://about-france.com/geo/motorways.htm

but it's static - no zooming

Cheers

--Tim A

On 20/02/2020 11:42, skevmd via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi
On Michelin maps toll roads have distance measurements in red and in
blue on non-toll roads
Mike