From: motorhome-list@groups.io [mailto:motorhome-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard
Sent: 16 February 2020 13:07
To: motorhome-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [motorhome-list] EHU cable 1.5mm/2.5mm orange or blue?

Thanks for the info.
Justifies my lack of membership. I really would love to know the
reasoning why a mains lead should be 25 +/- 2 metres long and how it is
determined that any particular lead is "Supplied by the van
manufacturer". Could one of you as a member actually ask the question in
the club magazine?
Richard

On 15/02/2020 17:24, Edelec wrote:
I am amazed at what I am reading! What are these caravan rules with
regard to cables?
Richard

On 15/02/2020 16:53, Carol Weaver wrote:

Well our blue one has been used on both CCC and old CC (not in latter
now) without any problems.

Carol

On Sat, 15 Feb 2020 at 16:49, Sandytrax <brianinspain12@...
<mailto:brianinspain12@...>> wrote:

Thanks to all for your thoughts.
My further research indicates that standard ehu cables commonly
available on the market are orange 2.5mm. These meet the standards
of the NCC and the CCC.

Also available but not so common are orange 1.5mm but these are
not approved by the NCC.

I’ve hated using the two 2.5mm orange cables that I’ve owned
because they have quickly become inflexible, tangled and hard to
wind up.

So I’ve just bought a 25m orange 1.5 cable from Go Outdoors. It
says on the pack that it’s not suitable for caravan sites and
should not be used in wet or damp conditions!!
However, it is marketed as a Motorhome ehu on many websites.
So that’s a bit mysterious.

Go Outdoors Price is £30 but I found it for £22 on another website
and with their price guarantee, they sold it to me for £20. Bargain!

I’m sure it will be fine.
And my heart won’t sink when I need to use a hook up.
Cheers
Brian

<martin@... <mailto:martin@...>>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Andy, Ern
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Any idea of the weight difference for a 25m length of each? I
doubt f it
>>> will be significant in the grand scheme of things.
>>>
>>> Martin
>>>

>>> On 15 Feb 2020, at 12:21, Andy Clarke via Groups.Io
<andyclarke1050=

<martin@... <mailto:martin@...>>

> --
>
> *It'll all be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end*

<http://www.carolweaver.co.uk/Travel>
Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommend me please