Re: EHU cable 1.5mm/2.5mm orange or blue?

Bennett Family

Thanks - every little helps when limited to 3,500kg, but I think I should start by shedding quite a few kilos myself!

Martin

On 15 Feb 2020, at 12:58, Andy Clarke via Groups.Io <andyclarke1050@...> wrote:

25m of 1.5mm is approx 1.5kg lighter that 25m of 2.5mm

Andy Clarke
UKMotorhomes.net

On Sat, 15 Feb 2020 at 12:33, Bennett Family <martin@...> wrote:
Andy, Ern

Thanks.

Any idea of the weight difference for a 25m length of each? I doubt f it will be significant in the grand scheme of things.

Martin

On 15 Feb 2020, at 12:21, Andy Clarke via Groups.Io <andyclarke1050=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

1.5mm cable is OK for up to 3kW assuming an allowable voltage drop of 5% and that the cable is in free air, i.e. not on a reel or closely coiled.

Andy Clarke

On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 at 21:05, Bennett Family <martin@...> wrote:
Is there any advantage in using 2.5mm rather than 1.5mm given that most of us are unlikely to use more than 2kw?
Just demonstrating my ignorance.
If no advantage then the lighter weight, blue, cable would seem to make sense.