Re: Something to Think About

Neill King \(MH-List\)

I too use both when travelling recreationally.  Maps for broad ideas, Satnav for detailed local help, usually as a moving map without voice but with instructions – albeit those sometimes ignored.

For a magical mystery tour we often use a map and guidebooks and weather forecasts to choose a not-too-distant zone to head for and then set the satnav on shortest while also avoiding motorways.  Not wise maybe in urban situations, or in narrow Cornwall say, but this has given some great results in more rural French & Iberian locations – where there’s often a bit more room and fewer really narrow lanes.  It helps that we are casual about exactly where we’ll overnight so no big deal if that turns out to be somewhere unexpected, in fact we look forward to that.

Love maps – and love satnavs too!

Best regards

Neill
www.motorcaravanning.co.uk 01789-778825 551345165

neill@... motorcaravanning@...

On-line motorhome parts & accessory shop with added information