Re: Move from Yahoo to Groups.io

Alan Morris

On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 at 16:46, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:

Whatsapp (photos and text) is, when campervanning far and wide, how I
and off-spring (plus few friends and odd m-homer) communicate.
What's wrong with normal e-mailing? Much easier!

When I want to e-mail selected friends/family, I've setup small
selections of e-mail addresses. To send in Gmail, I click on the To:
field and my contacts appear. In the drop down menu, I select the
named group of people I want to send to and they all appear in the To:
field.

So at Christmas time, I select my 'Xmas Letter' group and they all get
the letter.

Another caravan & camping group suggested using Whasapp.

It's major problem is that to receive a message one has to logon to
see it there are any messages. E-mails just arrive, with no extra
effort.