Re: Move from Yahoo to Groups.io

Alan Morris

On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 at 07:50, Mervyn Pickard <mervyn@...> wrote:

> Have you thought of moving / setting up the group on Facebook?

If the group moves to FB, then I will not be moving.

A few years ago, I became the chairman of a group of people, who met in person on a regular basis for events.  I inherited control of the group's FB account that I'd never used.  I then began to receive requests to join from folk who had no connection with the group or it's interest, so they were rejected.  After a while I discovered that the majority of FB members, where not even connected with the group!

Alan.