Re: Move from Yahoo to Groups.io

Peter S

Have a look here:-

https://groups.io/yahootransfer

When we transferred the old posts were left on Yahoo so we didn't have to pay anything if we wanted them we would have had to pay. It looks like they may have changed the system and will charge  for the first year but you can then downgrade to free if the free version is adequate for your needs. You really need to go through all the info at Groups.io to see what the exact situation is.

I think I transferred the files and photos myself by downloading from Yahoo and then uploading to Groups.io but can't remember exactly now.

I will have a look to see if we can get the old posts transferred but they are really only of historical interest now I think.  Has anybody logged onto Yahoo Groups since we moved?

Peter S
Group Owner

On 20/10/2019 13:38:51, calypso155 <steve-varden@...> wrote:

Can anyone tell me if there was/is a cost involved in moving the motorhome-list Move Yahoo to Groups.io?

Yahoo groups is being shutdown at the end of this month and a few of my other Y-group moderators are saying that it will cost $120 per year to host on Groups.io!

Cheers,

Steve V