Re: Microwave advice needed.

I'm Bazbro

In my past experience, 12v ones are overpriced and horrendously expensive.  24v ones are available (for lorries) but I don't know the cost.
I my view, a GOOD inverter (Sterling or Victron) of about 1500w minimum will run a cheap Lidl (etc) microwave, plus toaster, vacuum, and charge the shaver, toothbrush, etc. - a good investment.  Don't buy a cheap inverter - a potential waste of money and a potential danger! Sterling often advertise their products much cheaper on eBay (as cancelled orders, etc).
This would be my choice. It's what I've done!
Barry

On Mon, 23 Sep 2019, 11:31 am Nick, <nickoff2@...> wrote:
We returned home yesterday after a long weekend in Wales visiting a friend and generally touring around. After 20 odd years of motorhoming the good wife has decided that she would like a tv and a microwave oven fitted into the van. I'm already onto the telly side of things :-( but would appreciate any advice regards the microwave. We tend to "wild camp" about 50% of the time we are away so I suppose a 12 volt one would be preferable, as long as it doesn't eat into the leisure battery too much. As you can tell I'm a complete novice where these things are concerned. Any advice would be appreciated.

Nick.