Re: electric motorhome market?

David Scholes

Hi Tim.

No such thing as free energy. A fan would slow you down more than the energy gained except if you are going downhill when the slowing down replaces braking.
Energy from braking is conversion of momentum (kinetic energy) into battery charging (chemical energy). Or same when going downhill and you brake. But it is not about creating free energy which is impossible, it is just about converting waste energy into stored energy for reuse.

David

On 21 Sep 2019, at 09:43, timsinc Sinclair <timsinc@...> wrote:

Can anyone, perhaps those with engineering bent, tell me why they
haven't thought of putting a small, bladeless wind turbine behind
front grill to make use of the wind created when travelling above
40mph?
Probably some law of physics that says the energy to travel at speed
to create wind far exceeds that produced by such a generator. Still,
I'd have thought it would help top up batteries, just as is done by
harnessing brake power.

TimS

On 21/09/2019, David <david.saltydawg@...> wrote:
Came across this article the other day which may be of interest:
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/audi-e-tron-test-drive-review

These guys drove 1000 miles in (a little over) 24hrs but had to "cheat" in
Italy