Re: electric motorhome market?

timsinc Sinclair

All sounds very eco impressive, Martin, especially and as well as the
voyaging adventures of your friends. But that's just it: where is the
adventure in my camper finding its way to a plug? Reversing itself off
the pitch? (I do have a couple of dings in rear bumper!)

In a way, I'm glad that my age probably means that I'll not see having
a home-on-wheels in robot form. I like the freedom to make a wrong
turning, to land up at the unexpected - how I've come across some
interesting routes and campsites.

TimS

On 20/09/2019, Bennett Family <martin@...> wrote:
Didn’t appear to require much planning as car finds its own way to the
charging points. Although I’m sure they used motorways. Their daughter lives
near Forres, Scotland and they get there & back with no problems. The
vehicle impressively reversed out of our drive with no driver input.
They also have a Hymer for more mundane trips although they are currently
heading to a wedding in Palestine via bus, Rail & sea - they’d reached Bari
yesterday!

Martin

On 20 Sep 2019, at 11:30, timsinc Sinclair via Groups.Io
<timsinc=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

That sounds promising, Martin. But, as it stands at present, I'd be
having to plan/set satnav for charging points as well as overnight
stops as well as allowing for longer 'comfort breaks'. I bet that on
my preferred country routes (as opposed to tolls and m-ways) there'll
be far less places to plug in.

It will happen one day, when all the everywhere diesel pumps have been
converted into charging points.

Tim

On 20/09/2019, Bennett Family <martin@...> wrote:
Friends of mine drove their Tesla to Switzerland & back - said they had
no
problems - the car finds a charging station when it needs a recharge.
They
had a coffee & a read for 30 minutes then were off again.

Martin

On 20 Sep 2019, at 10:00, timsinc Sinclair via Groups.Io
<timsinc=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

It will happen - eventually. Biggest hurdle, though, is that
motorhomers like to go huge distances, as opposed to delivery vans.

Tim

On 20/09/2019, calypso155 <Steve-Varden@...> wrote:
I wonder if this deal will have any impact / influence on the electric
motorhome market?

https://www.drivingelectric.com/news/1298/amazon-rivian-deal-online-retailer-orders-100000-electric-vans-5bn
(
https://www.drivingelectric.com/news/1298/amazon-rivian-deal-online-retailer-orders-100000-electric-vans-5bn