Re: Filling Gaslow System

Clive Bailey

Sounds to me as though you  have a split fitting in the supply part of the system. Needs to be checked ASAP.
The chaps at Gaslow Leicester are very good. If you can get there.
At £5 that's half of one cylinder, but at £19 you were nearly empty, which was it?
Regards
Clive

On 23/07/2019 13:39, Mick Potter wrote:
I have a two cylinder Gaslow system with an automatic changeover valve.  The last few times I have filled it, the filling rate seemed very slow.  Today (in the UK), it started off OK (but I'm not sure of the exact fill rate), and then quickly slowed down to about 1litre per 40 seconds.  The system was not full, as filling slowed down at about £5, and continued until £19, when I gave up through boredom.

A couple of years back, I had a problem with LPG bought in Greece (I had to clean the fridge burner every few days!), and so I now use a sintered filter when filling.  Today the attendant came out to see what was wrong, and gave an opinion that the filter was causing the slow filling.  However, when I stopped filling, I checked the filter, and I could blow through it very easily, so I find it hard to believe that it was restricting the flow.

Is this normal?  What fill rate should I expect?  Or has something broken and I need to have the system looked at by a service engineer?

Any help gratefully received.

Mick