Re: Fiat park brake problem

Brian Reay

Having watched how they test cars (and having a MOT tester who is happy to explain things to a curious customer), the handbrake test is done with rollers normally, and they monitor a couple of indicators which show how effective the handbrake is on each side.  Is suspect, in your case, while both sides are reaching the required efficiency, the nearside one is a bit slow getting there.

My guess would be that something is binding, perhaps in the drum. I assume like most motorhomes, yours spends a lot of its life parked.

Regards
Brian