Re: My Motorhome journey started 50 years ago today!

Carol Weaver

I’ve saved to read later but I’m sure you’ve posted it before

Did they stop after this one Martin. A fantastic experience

It’s not too late to try. 😄

Carol

On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 at 08:17, Bennett Family <martin@...> wrote:

50 years ago today I set off to India as a coach driver on Comex 3. Five hundred of us on 20 coaches travelling 13,000 miles and putting on cultural performances en route. The brain child of Lt  Colonel Lionel Gregory who motivated and inspired a disparate band of young individuals. An amazing experience.

The link below tells the story of the journey.

http://www.xor.org.uk/comex/comex3diarye.htm

The photo shows the 20 Bedford Duple buses looking remarkably similar to a number of the Hymermobiles I subsequently bought. Over the years I have wanted to undertake a similar journey with my family, but when I had a suitable vehicle, I didn’t have either the time or the money. Not to mention the odd war or two closing routes. We did manage to meander around a lot of Europe and part of the Asian section of Turkey including the Meander river!

image1.jpeg

Martin

Attachments:

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommended