Re: Over Seventy Driving Licence Renewal

Bennett Family

On 26 Mar 2019, at 07:38, John Clemence via Groups.Io <clemence.john@...> wrote:

Hi Carol, Peter and Mike,
Thanks for taking the time to reply  with your experiences hints and links.
I knew there was a wealth of knowledge here!
I don't plan to drive a mini-bus or larger vehicle but as they are on my current licence I think I might try to retain them if it doesn't prove too difficult.
As our vehicles are plated just under 3.5 tons, I wonder how serious an offence might be if we overloaded a tad. Not only would we be overloading the vehicle but perhaps be guilty of driving without an appropriate licence!
Thanks again,
John.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Peter S via Groups.Io" <pstallwood@...>
Sent: 25/03/2019 09:46:06
Subject: Re: [motorhome-list] Over Seventy Driving Licence Renewal

Yes John.

You can drive a vehicle up to 3500kg. Anything over that you will need a medical etc to get a C1 entitlement.

The wording for these things is not always precise. 3500kg is OK 3500.00001 kg is not. This is why so many motorhomes are plated at 3500kg.

See page 8 of the download :-

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/ins57p-information-on-driving-licences

Peter S