A couple of times we’ve headed over the hills from there to Venice - an enjoyable drive. Other times, way back, we went through Austria. Into Yugoslavia and down the Adriatic coast. I wouldn’t be able to resist this if I was in Austria with some spare time.

Have fun.

Martin

On 14 Feb 2019, at 12:47, Peter S via Groups.Io <pstallwood@...> wrote:

Thanks, Carol.

I will investigate.

Peter S

From: motorhome-list@groups.io [mailto:motorhome-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Carol Weaver
Sent: 14 February 2019 12:24
To: motorhome-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [motorhome-list] Translated from m y NEWSLETTER from Caravan Salon Club

So long ago we went and it wasn’t in a Motorhome but I think I know a link that will help

They go via Austria.  Peter if you follow this couple

https://motoroaming.com who are full timing. They are great and do these interactive guides and books. All free. They are on Facebook to Myles and Karen.

Carol

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 at 14:53, Peter S via Groups.Io <pstallwood=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

We are thinking of going to Austria this year - any advice and suggestions as to where to go would be welcome

Whilst investigating I have found that you no longer need to stick a vignette on your windscreen as you can now get a digital one:-

Obviously might be more convenient but only applies to 3500kg and under.

Peter S

On 13/02/2019 10:25:36, Carol Weaver <corconx@...> wrote:

For your information:
Since 1 February 2018 annual vignettes no longer valid!

Vignettes 2019 © ADAC Media and Travel GmbH

Severe penalties for missing or invalid vignette

Who travels a lot in the neighboring countries Austria, Switzerland and the Czech Republic or Slovenia, but still has no new annual vignette should hurry, because the new 2019er versions will only be accepted from 1 February.

Who can not have a valid vignette or she has not properly attached to the windshield, must expect some drastic fines. The most expensive is in Slovenia, where up to 500 euros threatening. In Austria such offenses toll cost from 120 euros - for unauthorized manipulation of the vignette the substitute toll is twice. In Switzerland, around 180 euros plus vignette costs and the Czech Republic are penalties of 200 euros due.

In Austria in 2019 have increased the tolls. The new price for car annual toll sticker is 89,20 Euro (+ 1,90 €) 26,80 € for two months (+ 60 cents), and the 10-day Stickers Displaying now costs 9.20 euros (+ 20 Cent). In Switzerland, the annual sticker for drivers from Germany due to the exchange rate of 75 cents was more expensive and costs since October 36,50 Euro.

In Slovenia, the prices are still very stable: For one year car toll 110 euros are due for a month for 30 euros and 15 euros for seven days. The cost of the toll in the Czech Republic amounted to EUR 59.50 years Vignette (- 50 cents), 17.50 euros for a month (- 50 cents) and for 10 days unchanged 12.50 euros.

Annual vignettes and also the associated short versions are available in all ADAC offices and online at www.adac-shop.de and by calling 0 800 5 10 11 12 (Monday to Saturday from 8 to 20 pm).

Click here  For Motorhome Owners mainly, but here is a link to my photographs of aires, stellplatz, chateaux, wargraves, NT properties etc.  Please enjoy them

Plusnet -cardun if you sign up recommended