Topics

Would like a Pre-assembled model

MICHAEL YOUNG

How can I get a pre-assembled model? I have no experience with kits and don’t want to ruin it!

Matthew Pullan

The Morserino-32 is an ideal kit for a first time builder. You're going to have to start somewhere if you're into ham radio. My honest opinion is that there's really nothing to screw up with this kit. The board comes virtually finished. No completed kits are available at this time.
         73 de OE6FEG
                 Matt

From: morserino@groups.io <morserino@groups.io> on behalf of mikejazz via Groups.Io <mikejazz@...>
Sent: Friday, June 7, 2019 10:51:48 PM
To: morserino@groups.io
Subject: [morserino] Would like a Pre-assembled model

How can I get a pre-assembled model? I have no experience with kits and don’t want to ruin it!

Vince A

mikejazz
What is your Ham radio call sign?
de kd7tww
---
-During World War 2, Hams could not do what in the USA?
- In the movie Contact, what was Ellie's callsign?
- "Bandwidth" A Ham's waist size!
73-Vince: ":>) KD7TWW Formerly KJ7EUG
Thank you for your reply...

On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 2:53 PM mikejazz via Groups.Io <mikejazz=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

David Wilcox

Mike,

It’s a one hour build.  All active parts are assembled.  All you have to do is solder a few connectors on the board and make the case.  Ask a friend to help you if you haven’t built anything. We had three of them in our club and they all worked right off.  Built one while talking to other guys as a project night....... 30 minutes at most while coaching a young ham on soldering.

David J. Wilcox K8WPE’s iPad

On Jun 7, 2019, at 4:51 PM, mikejazz via Groups.Io <mikejazz@...> wrote:

Wayne K5UNX

I have never soldered on a circuit board before. Today I bought a $10 Christmas Ornament kit from Radio Shack (yes we still have one). It has 20 pieces to solder on the board and makes a blinking ornament. Lessons from YouTube. If it works then I'll start building the Morserino. 

Vince A

Wayne
Just do it and learn from it. That's what the hobby is? Learning what you did right and what you did wrong.
Vince
---
-During World War 2, Hams could not do what in the USA?
- In the movie Contact, what was Ellie's callsign?
- "Bandwidth" A Ham's waist size!
73-Vince: ":>) KD7TWW Formerly KJ7EUG
Thank you for your reply...

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 11:32 PM Wayne K5UNX <wayne.patton@...> wrote:
I have never soldered on a circuit board before. Today I bought a $10 Christmas Ornament kit from Radio Shack (yes we still have one). It has 20 pieces to solder on the board and makes a blinking ornament. Lessons from YouTube. If it works then I'll start building the Morserino. 

Wayne K5UNX

After the Christmas tree ornament worked, I attempted building the Morserino and following the instructions it went together great!  It fired up and I was able to do some echo trainer! 

Hermann Eckel

congrats! 55 73 de OE2HEM / AB3DR

Von Samsung-Tablet gesendet

-------- Ursprüngliche Nachricht --------
Von: Wayne K5UNX <wayne.patton@...>
Datum: 10.07.19 14:12 (GMT+01:00)
An: morserino@groups.io
Betreff: Re: [morserino] Would like a Pre-assembled model

After the Christmas tree ornament worked, I attempted building the Morserino and following the instructions it went together great!  It fired up and I was able to do some echo trainer! 

Birk [DB3DE]