Topics

WLAN with unvisible Identifier

Karsten, DD1KT

Hello everyone,

I just got the Morserino-32 up and running (the first tries are promizing)  and wanted to test the WLAN file function..

I can enter my WLAN data (First try I did a typo, but then it was accurate), but changing to File upload I get the messange "no WLAN" and the mashine is stuck. Only a reset can recover.

Can it be an issue, that my WLAN identifier is set to invisible? Normally this can be configured in the setup as well as the encryption (WPA2-PSK).

Thanks, Karsten

Stefan Großhauser

Hi Karsten,

I dont know the answer to your actual question, but have you considered
changing the Wifi SSID to be visible and just tried it out?
This "security feature" of a hidden SSID does not make much sense anyway
(see chapter 'Wifi fun' from
https://www.springer.com/de/book/9783642243042 )
because it hides the Wifi only as long as no other client is present
and can be obtained easily then.

73
Stefan, dm4sg