Topics

will not update firmware

James Menendez

I can connect to the wifi, and the Morserino resets.  I then select 'update firmw'.  The morserino sits there and after about 30 seconds, the Morserino says no wifi.  It never shows a new ip address as it did before.  I have updated this firmware before, and I have watched the video several times and feel confident I am doing it right.  Can anyone help?  Thanks, Jim.

Willi, OE1WKL

Take your Morserino as close to the WiFi Router as possible; its WiFi antenna is very small, and it will not pick up weak WiFi signals.

Am 20.10.2019 um 17:22 schrieb James Menendez <menendez.james@...>:

I can connect to the wifi, and the Morserino resets.  I then select 'update firmw'.  The morserino sits there and after about 30 seconds, the Morserino says no wifi.  It never shows a new ip address as it did before.  I have updated this firmware before, and I have watched the video several times and feel confident I am doing it right.  Can anyone help?  Thanks, Jim.

James Menendez

I et it on top of the wifi.  Still no success.

On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 12:03 PM Willi, OE1WKL <willi@...> wrote:
Take your Morserino as close to the WiFi Router as possible; its WiFi antenna is very small, and it will not pick up weak WiFi signals.

Am 20.10.2019 um 17:22 schrieb James Menendez <menendez.james@...>:

I can connect to the wifi, and the Morserino resets.  I then select 'update firmw'.  The morserino sits there and after about 30 seconds, the Morserino says no wifi.  It never shows a new ip address as it did before.  I have updated this firmware before, and I have watched the video several times and feel confident I am doing it right.  Can anyone help?  Thanks, Jim.

AlfredR

I also had some problems when I updated the morserino. In my case the downloaded file was damaged. The size was only 64k instead of about 900k. Maybe your file is wrong, too. In this case you can start the update from the browser with the push button ‚begin‘. It shows 100% immediately, the moserino resets without an update.

BR Alfred