Topics

WiFi problems

Steve

Attempts to get my Morserino onto to my local network are proving difficult.
I get as far as entering my SSID and pw, the Moreserino resets and that's a far as it goes.

A couple of times a device has appeared on my router with an IP address - 192.168.0.35 but not under the name "Moreserino"(sorry I did not make a note of what it called itself)

When I reboot the Moreserino (turn off and on) and press the red button 3 times I reach the WiFi functions screen with File Upload highlighted and then the Moreserino just sits there with nothing happening.
NOTE; File Upload IS the option highlighted when I enter WiFi Functions.
I have also "reset" the Moreserino -button under USB port- but that does NOT take me back to the SSID set up screen ie when I press the red button 3 times I get to the WiFi Functions screen again with File Upload highlighted.

Thoughts Please.

Willi, OE1WKL

Steve,
maybe this instruction video helps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msL1yazDSi8

Am 09.07.2019 um 01:49 schrieb Steve <steve@...>:

[...]

Hi Willi
Thanks for the reply
No, that instruction video does not help one bit.
I have entered the SSID and pw for my network.
The Moreserino restarts.  3 presses red button takes me to:

(hopefully the image uploads) Where the Moreserino just sits on this screen with nothing happening.
Since my post I changed my SSID and pw and managed to get the
Moreserino to broadcast as an access point again - I entered these new credentials thus making sure it was the ONLY device connected.
It appeared as below:

BUT could not be accessed through my browser.

Help, please
73
Steve
G4SDM

Willi, OE1WKL

Did you press the black knob after selecting file upload or firmware update? The Morserino then should display the IP address it is using. You point your browser to that IP address.... And you should get a password form, and after that a file selection screen.

Willi

Von meinem Mobiltelefon gesendet

Am 09.07.2019 um 12:58 schrieb Steve <steve@...>:

Hi Willi
Thanks for the reply
No, that instruction video does not help one bit.
I have entered the SSID and pw for my network.
The Moreserino restarts.  3 presses red button takes me to:
<dummyfile.0.part>

(hopefully the image uploads) Where the Moreserino just sits on this screen with nothing happening.
Since my post I changed my SSID and pw and managed to get the
Moreserino to broadcast as an access point again - I entered these new credentials thus making sure it was the ONLY device connected.
It appeared as below:
<dummyfile.1.part>
BUT could not be accessed through my browser.

Help, please
73
Steve
G4SDM

Steve

Yes I did (press the black knob)
and
No - it does NOT display the IP address.
ALSO
Also, I have just downloaded the latest Manual PDF and I notice there is a way of finding out the MAC address (on P29) but mine will not do this (I am on V1.1)

Steve

I thought 6ft (1.8m) was

close to the router

but
A gentleman named Richard suggested by PM that I move the Morserino (even) close to my router. Like 18" ( .45m) and lo and behold it worked.
Thank you Richard. Problem solved.

Tom Parish

Did you find a solution? I'm having the same issues. This device is a BEAR to connect to wifi. Wondering why it's so difficult.

Tom Parish

I moved from the Mac to the PC to do the update. (this was my first time), someone else had built the kit for me.
Update to 2.0 firmware worked like a champ.

Tom KB5RF

--

Inspire Curiosity Together
TomParish.com