Topics

wifi connection

menendez.james@...

I have upgraded firmware successfully twice.  I am now trying to upgrade to 1.4.  In the past, I connected to my wifi successfully.  This time the Morserino will not connect.  When I click to connect, it tries but then says no connection.  I placed the Morserino inches from my modem, watched the video and anything else I can think of.  Any suggestions?

Willi, OE1WKL

James,

Maybe you try to enter teh SSID and Password again in WiFi Configuration? Maybe it lost the details…

Am 24.08.2019 um 22:02 schrieb menendez.james@...:

I have upgraded firmware successfully twice.  I am now trying to upgrade to 1.4.  In the past, I connected to my wifi successfully.  This time the Morserino will not connect.  When I click to connect, it tries but then says no connection.  I placed the Morserino inches from my modem, watched the video and anything else I can think of.  Any suggestions?

menendez.james@...

It never connects.  Isn't it supposed to connect before I enter the SSID?  When I click on Morserino to connet, it never connects.

Willi, OE1WKL

No, it needs an SSID and password before it can connect. Please read the instructions again. You connect your computer to teh Access point created by Morserino with the menu item WiFi config. And you point your browser to teh IP address of teh Morserino on its own access point, in order to get the form to enter SSID and password.

Once this has been done, you select Update - now the Morserino connects to YOUR WiFi network, and you point your browser to the IP address shown on the Morserino.

Am 24.08.2019 um 22:22 schrieb menendez.james@...:

It never connects.  Isn't it supposed to connect before I enter the SSID?  When I click on Morserino to connet, it never connects.

menendez.james@...

I use 192.168.4.1  Then I input my wifi info.  The Morserino resets.  Then I select update firmware on the Morserino.  After a few seconds it says 'no wifi'.

Willi, OE1WKL

I can only assume that the WiFi signal from your router is too weak. Put the Morserino in direct vicinity of your WiFi router. Or did you change anything in your WiFi setup since you updated succesfully?

Am 25.08.2019 um 14:25 schrieb menendez.james@...:

I use 192.168.4.1  Then I input my wifi info.  The Morserino resets.  Then I select update firmware on the Morserino.  After a few seconds it says 'no wifi'.

menendez.james@...

I don't think it is a  weak signal issue.  I placed the Morserino on top of the wifi with no success. I have even reset the wifi.  Also in the past, I was able to update firmware twice with no problem.  I don't know what could have changed. I guess I need to see if Spectrum ( my wifi provider ) has any suggestions.  Thanks, Jim M.

Jim McConnell

Jim, if you figure out why you cannot connect to WiFi please let me know as I have the same problem. I have never been able to update my firm ware. Still on ver 1.1 but having fun with it anyway.
Jim NEØDA

On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 1:40 PM <menendez.james@...> wrote:
I don't think it is a  weak signal issue.  I placed the Morserino on top of the wifi with no success. I have even reset the wifi.  Also in the past, I was able to update firmware twice with no problem.  I don't know what could have changed. I guess I need to see if Spectrum ( my wifi provider ) has any suggestions.  Thanks, Jim M.

Craig T. Bailey

Folks, morserino does not need or want YOUR WiFi connection to start.  Instead, you must disconnect your PC from your WiFi network.  When the PC is no longer connected to the network, morserino will create its very own Adhoc network.  Connect the PC to the adhoc, and while connected to adhoc, you will setyour home SSID into morserino.

Disconnect everything, and the morserino will then connect to your home WiFi.

It’s a two step process.

--
_____
Craig Bailey

Hermann Eckel

thats it, þhis morserino is able to span ist own network , just for the update. its described in the manual. just download the latest version. 55, 73 de oe2hem / ab3dr hermann

Von Samsung-Tablet gesendet