Topics

Updating by computer

kc2czkradiowaveradio

Hi All
  Question can I up date and add files to my Morserino by just converting to my lap top
 Instead of by Wi-Fi ?
 Thanks
Rich

arnold@...

HI!
If you span up a W-ALN with your laptop it's a normal process… So If you don't have a W-LAN nearby that would be a solution. Just follow the instructions in the documentation.

Of Course you can iunstall the IDE and download the compiled files to the ESP, but I guess this is not what you want to do.

To my knowledge there is not a simple easy way to download via the USB cable / I guess that|s what you are lookung for.
-AH-

Craig T. Bailey

I don’t think the Arduino has USB “file handling” capabilities.

As far as I understand, the Arduino board has very limited input over USB.  For example when you are compiling the software in the Arduino development IDE, we can push the new firmware using USB.

And I understand there is a way to send a packaged .bin (.img) file.

But, along the lines of the question at hand:
Can we incorporate these “extra” files into the Arduino IDE and send them, along with and during a compile upload?

Craig

--
_____
Craig Bailey

Willi, OE1WKL

Currently you should use WiFi too upload a file.
There are tools available (but I do not have any experience with them) to load files into a Spiffs file system on an esp 32.
Btw, the Morserino-32 does not make use of an Arduino, it is based on an esp 32 processor. You can use (and I do) an Arduino IDE for programming it.

Von meinem Mobiltelefon gesendet

Am 25.11.2019 um 13:15 schrieb Craig T. Bailey <ctbailey@...>:

[...]

Thanks Willi,

No disrespect was intended when I called it an “Arduino”.

:)