Topics

troubles w/ paddles paddles

gilbert.schwank@...

Hi Willi,

first I need to say, that your kit, all the documentation and communication is of excellent quality. Really a great value for the money.

I built up my Morserino today and tried "CW keyer" using the touch paddles. But the device is not reacting to touches at all. Display shows "T" and "B" which seems to be right. Then I connected my MFJ Paddle, to see if that works better. But the display is still showing "T", telling me that it did not recognize the external paddle. All other functions like "CW Generator" etc. are working just fine. Any hint what might be wrong with the paddles?

73 de Gilbert OE2GXL

Willi, OE1WKL

Gilbert,

If the touch paddles do not react, the reason might be that the soldering joints on the module’s pin headers are not good. To test this, just touch the pins 2 and 12 on the module with your fingers, and the keyer should react. Pin 2 is the fourth pin from the right on the lower row, and pin 12 the third pin from the right on the upper row.

The eternal paddles are NOT recognized automatically - you need to change a parameter setting to switch from touch to eternal paddles!

Vy 73
Willi