Topics

Stuck with "Audio Adjust"

schens_b@...

My new build Morserino has no x2 (i think that schouldnd be the problem), and after 99.999% of every poweron it stay in "Audio Adjust".
And i can't end with red button. The red button has noc shortcut i think, i can measure ~0.75V open and 0V closed.
Only 1 time it startet right.
Firmware 2.1

Any idea how to resolv the Problem?

greetings

Willi, OE1WKL

The switch SW2 (Red Button) used an internal pull-up... When not activated, it should show > 2V . It seems there is a short somewhere, maybe a thin solder bridge.

Check around the switch, and along the trace to the Heltec I/O pin 0, also check around this pin on the Heltec module....

Willi

Von meinem Mobiltelefon gesendet

Am 16.11.2019 um 19:57 schrieb schens_b@...:

My new build Morserino has no x2 (i think that schouldnd be the problem), and after 99.999% of every poweron it stay in "Audio Adjust".
And i can't end with red button. The red button has noc shortcut i think, i can measure ~0.75V open and 0V closed.
Only 1 time it startet right.
Firmware 2.1

Any idea how to resolv the Problem?

greetings

colin humphries

is the switch soldered 90 deg out? not sure it will fit but if you had trouble placing the part you may have it rotated, that would make the switch shorted all the time giving you the problem you descibe

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 1:57 PM <schens_b@...> wrote:
My new build Morserino has no x2 (i think that schouldnd be the problem), and after 99.999% of every poweron it stay in "Audio Adjust".
And i can't end with red button. The red button has noc shortcut i think, i can measure ~0.75V open and 0V closed.
Only 1 time it startet right.
Firmware 2.1

Any idea how to resolv the Problem?

greetings

schens_b@...

Thanks, a shortcut was the problem.

If u solder the switch 90 deg out, u should stop build stuff by yourself :P
There is no part what can be soldered wrong, except u work with hammer, afair.

colin humphries

Wrong, the switch is nearly square and could probably squeezed in there by a novice, which I am not. I'm an experienced kit builder of over 40 years experience.

Juergen Wagner

Hello friends,
i'am wondering sometimes abt the discussions here. when i'am not sure of R's color codes - for example - i use my
multimeter. And also for unknown items, audio connectors or pinouts of switches. I also learned in the past that
identical Transistors from different manufactors may have different pin outs. so when i'am not 100% sure, i measure
out which pins matches with the board layout / schematic. - Maybe that there was a layout change or manufactor change
at items side. I remember building my kit i was excited abt Willi's (and crew) effort to find out items that only fit
at their designated place.
So as tip for future builders: It would be a gud idea to take enough time to read the building manual and also time
enough to identify each item as the right one for the next step AND compare the pinouts with the board. Then there
will be no chance that an item will be soldered wrong.
Hpe all of u will get the kit functionaly and than u will have much fun wid CW ! (our CW course starts 3 months ago
and near xmas or begining of 2020 all friends may go on air with their keys ! (all seven kits working fine...)
Mni tks to Willi and all helpers agn !

73
Juergen
DL4KE

nnnn

Am 19.11.2019 um 14:24 schrieb colin humphries:

Wrong, the switch is nearly square and could probably squeezed in there by a novice, which I am not. I'm an experienced kit builder of over 40 years experience.
_._,_._,_