Topics

Speaker

Bill Cusick

Hi, I have assemble the Morserino, and everything works fine, except the speaker. I have resoldered pins 9 and 11, also the speaker. I will use the unit with headphones only, but I would like to have everything work. I did check the Bill of Materials for the part number which is FWO2960. I can not locate the part anywhere on the web, Could you please tell me what the replace cost of the speaker would be, or where I can buy. I really like the unit, and will give 5 star on eham

Txs,
Bill
AI6LS

Willi, OE1WKL

Bill,

While it cannot be ruled out that the speaker is defect, it is rather unlikely (in such a case you can get a replacement speaker from me - I am afraid they are not available anywhere else anymore, as I bought up all of them that were left on the market).

As a first step, can you measure the average voltage on each speaker pin against ground (use the pad where the black wire from the battery connects as ground) when the keyed is producing a series of dashes… you should have a positive voltage on one pin, and 0 at the other.

If that was ok, unpowered the Morserino, and with the help of a small battery (1.5 V, do not use a LiPo) see if the speaker makes a sound when you apply the small voltage quickly to the speaker pins.

If no noise can be heard, the speaker is indeed at fault.

Am 03.12.2019 um 23:06 schrieb Bill Cusick <bicusick@...>:

Hi, I have assemble the Morserino, and everything works fine, except the speaker. I have resoldered pins 9 and 11, also the speaker. I will use the unit with headphones only, but I would like to have everything work. I did check the Bill of Materials for the part number which is FWO2960. I can not locate the part anywhere on the web, Could you please tell me what the replace cost of the speaker would be, or where I can buy. I really like the unit, and will give 5 star on eham

Txs,
Bill
AI6LS

Bill Cusick

Hi,  you should have a positive voltage on one pin, and 0 at the other. I have zero voltage for both pins.  I will be using the headphones only, I'm okay with no speaker, but if your willing to sell one I would buy the speaker. If you need the speaker for a kit then please keep the speaker for a kit. I most likely overheated the speaker pins when soldering so it would be fault.

Txs for your help
Bill