Topics

Release BLACK message

Erik Thomas

Merry Christmas everyone. I just assembled my Morserino-32 & upon USB power my readout is locked with the message “Release BLACK”. Any thought would be most helpful. Thanks, Erik KE8EUW

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Willi, OE1WKL

This is an indication that the encoder switch or the Heltec headers has not been soldered in correctly (bad solder joint). Try to resolder the encoder and/or the pins of the Heltec module.

Von meinem Mobiltelefon gesendet

Am 25.12.2019 um 20:44 schrieb Erik Thomas <erikthomas1972@...>:

Merry Christmas everyone. I just assembled my Morserino-32 & upon USB power my readout is locked with the message “Release BLACK”. Any thought would be most helpful. Thanks, Erik KE8EUW

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Erik Thomas

Thank you Willi! Sure enough it was a cold solder joint on a header pin. It is working great now. Can’t wait to start learning CW.
73
Erik