Topics

Problems with Morserino.

Steve

I eventually got around to building my kit. Everything seemed to go well on the build and the device boots up. I select CW keyer, the get “start CW keyer” then just get a constant stream of A but can’t do anything but press the black button to stop it.

If I select CW generator, random (or any other sub menu) I get start/stop paddle black then the top bar just shows (14) 15 wpm and then nothing else? The device has to be reset to get of this. This is also the same with echo trainer, Koch trainer etc. The paddles don’t seem to work and have tried external key, having changed the settings but still nothing

Any help much appreciated but I’ve run out of ideas. I saw Willi’s post about the paddles by touching pins 2 and 12 but even that doesn’t work!

regards

steve

Willi, OE1WKL

Steve,
I am assuming you are running version 1.4?

In this version the external paddles and the touch paddles are running in parallel; your symptoms show that both paddles seem to be permanently engaged - this could also be a short to ground on pin 32 and 33, or at the jack for the external paddles.
Measure the resistance between32 and ground, and pin33 and ground (if you look at the schematics on GitHub, you can identify those pins - in the schematic the Heltec module is shown from above, with the USB port at the top), to see if there is a short somewhere.

OE1WKL

Am 11.08.2019 um 15:52 schrieb Steve <steveb2541@...>:

I eventually got around to building my kit. Everything seemed to go well on the build and the device boots up. I select CW keyer, the get “start CW keyer” then just get a constant stream of A but can’t do anything but press the black button to stop it.

If I select CW generator, random (or any other sub menu) I get start/stop paddle black then the top bar just shows (14) 15 wpm and then nothing else? The device has to be reset to get of this. This is also the same with echo trainer, Koch trainer etc. The paddles don’t seem to work and have tried external key, having changed the settings but still nothing

Any help much appreciated but I’ve run out of ideas. I saw Willi’s post about the paddles by touching pins 2 and 12 but even that doesn’t work!

regards

steve

Steve

Willi, thanks for the reply.
yes it is version 1.4, and I have checked the two pins to ground as you suggested and there are no shorts. I also checked the pins on the external paddle connector. If I’m correct the screen pin goes to ground ( the one nearest the board edge) but the other 4 are all open to ground.

73s

steve G7JHU