Topics

Problems with black rotary button

Steven - DL8SE

Hello everybody,

I finally finished assembling my Morserino today and everything went great. I measured the electrical resistance and came out at about 4MOhm - which may be an indicator what I did wrong.
So I booted it up and seem to have a problem with the black rotary button. It won’t take any input / make any changes to the menu. The red button seems to work great.

Measured everything and don’t seem to have any dead soldering spots. Does anybody have an idea?
This is the first time I built a kit in many years and I cannot grasp what my problem may be.

Mni tnx for your help.

73 de DL8SE

Willi, OE1WKL

Steven,

all problems seen so far with the black button were bad solder joints. Especially the ground joints (the middle one on the side where there are three, and on on the other side) require a lot of heat and therefore much longer time with the soldering iron then the other solder pads.

The measured resistance is fine - everything greater then a few hundred K is ok - measuring it is just a precaution a some Heltec modules (about 1 in 250) show a short circuit at the charging electronics, and that is not good for attaching a LiPo ;-)

Am 13.07.2019 um 15:35 schrieb Steven - DL8SE <steven.eltzroth@...>:

Hello everybody,

I finally finished assembling my Morserino today and everything went great. I measured the electrical resistance and came out at about 4MOhm - which may be an indicator what I did wrong.
So I booted it up and seem to have a problem with the black rotary button. It won’t take any input / make any changes to the menu. The red button seems to work great.

Measured everything and don’t seem to have any dead soldering spots. Does anybody have an idea?
This is the first time I built a kit in many years and I cannot grasp what my problem may be.

Mni tnx for your help.

73 de DL8SE

Craig T. Bailey

Today I built my Morserino, and am experiencing THE EXACT SAME ISSUE with the rotary encoder.

When powered up by the USB connection, the screen starts with the flas, and then displays "Select Modus: CW Keyer"

the red button short press does nothing
a long press of the red button starts the Audio Adjust menu. When I turn the encoder, the cursor does not move.

Where should I measure the 400 Ohms?