Topics

Paddles fall out too easily

Andre - WI9AJR

Is there a good way people use to keep the paddles from falling out so easily? I find myself accidentally popping them off even during keying.

Thanks,

Andre

Richard Lawn

I agree. I was doing a presentation to my club on learning cw and brought the morserino 32 to show and as people played with it the paddles kept loosening. I’d hate to glue them.
Rick, W2JAZ
--

Juergen Wagner

Hello hombrew fans,
I'am surprised again: are there only  builders with two left hands .... .. ?
the paddles will be hold via the spring contacts - what lies closer to bend this contacts a bit more so that
the holding force will be increased ?
And when that is not enough: a long screw through the board - between the paddels and above the paddles a cross board... that helps against the biggest sausage fingers .... ..
By the way: my paddles working with gentle'st touch - if there is no force - nothing happens. - cause and effect.
I think a vy good way would be to explain peoples what are "TOUCH"-paddles and how they work. When the candidates
want to squeez, than an external vibro or mfj may be the first choice.
hpe this hints helps a bit.
73
Juergen
DL4KE

nnnn

Am 24.11.2019 um 15:35 schrieb Andre - WI9AJR via Groups.Io:

Is there a good way people use to keep the paddles from falling out so easily? I find myself accidentally popping them off even during keying.

Thanks,

Andre

…I agree with Jürgen.

I like the morserino (soft) paddles. I like the morserino…

73, Uwe

DL4ZBB

Matthew Pullan

If you're knocking the capacitive paddles out of their socket, your going to need a pretty heavy key if you're going to avoid slapping it round your desk. A good guide to the right pressure to use is here:

Of course, some people have a naturally more physical style that is still very fast, but note how the paddle needs to be bolted down in this video:

The Morserino 32 paddles were not developed with that kind of keying in mind, sorry.

                73 de OE6FEG / M0FEU
                        Matt