Topics

No sound from speaker

David Bamford

Hi guys, so far I've really enjoyed the Morserino... so much that I wanted to demonstrate it to a group at a VE Session.

Mostly I've used it with headphones but today I unplugged and the sound is not coming from the speaker as it has a few times in the past.

Could I have inadvertently disabled a setting or something?

73,

David
W2DAB

Willi, OE1WKL

Did you check if the volume has been turned up sufficiently?

Willi

Von meinem Mobiltelefon gesendet

Am 07.10.2019 um 23:32 schrieb David Bamford via Groups.Io <flashicon@...>:

Hi guys, so far I've really enjoyed the Morserino... so much that I wanted to demonstrate it to a group at a VE Session.

Mostly I've used it with headphones but today I unplugged and the sound is not coming from the speaker as it has a few times in the past.

Could I have inadvertently disabled a setting or something?

73,

David
W2DAB

Doug KD9PK

It may sound too simple but make sure the speaker volume hasn’t turned itself down.

Sent using 100% recycled electrons in under 9,192.631,770 vibrations of a cesium atom.

On Oct 7, 2019, at 4:32 PM, David Bamford via Groups.Io <flashicon@...> wrote:

Hi guys, so far I've really enjoyed the Morserino... so much that I wanted to demonstrate it to a group at a VE Session.

Mostly I've used it with headphones but today I unplugged and the sound is not coming from the speaker as it has a few times in the past.

Could I have inadvertently disabled a setting or something?

73,

David
W2DAB

David Bamford

I’ve confirmed that the volume is turned all the way up, it works on headphones but not the external speaker.

Any ideas?

Maybe a reset or update?

David
W2DAB

On Oct 7, 2019, at 6:02 PM, Doug KD9PK <kd9pk@...> wrote:

It may sound too simple but make sure the speaker volume hasn’t turned itself down.

Sent using 100% recycled electrons in under 9,192.631,770 vibrations of a cesium atom.

On Oct 7, 2019, at 4:32 PM, David Bamford via Groups.Io <flashicon@...> wrote:

Hi guys, so far I've really enjoyed the Morserino... so much that I wanted to demonstrate it to a group at a VE Session.

Mostly I've used it with headphones but today I unplugged and the sound is not coming from the speaker as it has a few times in the past.

Could I have inadvertently disabled a setting or something?

73,

David
W2DAB

colin humphries

Faulty change over switch in the headphone socket?

On Tue, Oct 8, 2019, 11:49 David Bamford via Groups.Io <flashicon=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Can you measure the voltage across the speaker pins when there should be some audio... Maybe the speaker is defective?

Am 08.10.2019 um 17:49 schrieb David Bamford via Groups.Io <flashicon@...>:

[...]

I’m seeing about 0.5v across the speaker at full volume

On Oct 8, 2019, at 11:11 AM, Willi, OE1WKL <willi@...> wrote:

[...]

Well, that looks suspiciously like a bad solder joint at the speaker terminals (probably the ground side). Both the ground plane and the speaker together take up a lot of heat when soldering, so you really have to use a somewhat higher temperature and/or longer time for soldering the joint.

I would try resoldering the speaker (check the joints with a magnifying glass).

Am 08.10.2019 um 18:35 schrieb Doug KD9PK <kd9pk@...>:

[...]

OK Willi, will do.

Thanks.

Dave