Topics

Newly built morserino has no audio

chmims

I have just completed building my morserino.  It seems to be functioning well except for the complete lack of audio.  None from the speaker or headphones.  When I try to adjust the audio by pushing the red knob and adjusting the potentiometer I see a rectangular box with a very thin white line in the middle.  Adjusting the potentiometer widens the line very slightly.  Black knob has no effect.  I did have some problem soldering the potentiometer.

Charles

Willi, OE1WKL

Charles,

obviously you used a long press on the RED button - this takes you to adjusting the level of audio-in, not the output audio. Potentiometer has nothing to to do with audio output.
When you are e.g. in Keyer Mode, a short press on RED allows you to adjust audio Output level with the black encoder knob - there is also a visual indication on the screen.

if there is no audio output, but everything functioning normally, I would first resolder the headphone jack and the speaker, and maybe Pin 22 and Pin 23 on the Heltec module socket (thats the ninth and eleventh pin, as counted from the side of the USB connector, on the side closer to the touch paddles).

You could also measure voltage on these two pins when you activate the paddle.

OE1WKL

Am 15.07.2019 um 18:25 schrieb chmims via Groups.Io <chmims@...>:

I have just completed building my morserino.  It seems to be functioning well except for the complete lack of audio.  None from the speaker or headphones.  When I try to adjust the audio by pushing the red knob and adjusting the potentiometer I see a rectangular box with a very thin white line in the middle.  Adjusting the potentiometer widens the line very slightly.  Black knob has no effect.  I did have some problem soldering the potentiometer.

Charles

chmims

Careful rereading ofthe manual and your email seems to have solved the problem :-)

Charles

Todd Greco

That gives me hope, as mine also has no sound. Perhaps it’s just user error? I haven’t had time to dig into it yet, but I’m hoping to this weekend. Any specific tips?

From: <morserino@groups.io> on behalf of "chmims via Groups.Io" <chmims@...>
Date: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 07:53
To: <morserino@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [morserino] Newly built morserino has no audio

Careful rereading ofthe manual and your email seems to have solved the problem :-)

Charles

chmims

Here is what I did. Ymmv

1. Start with morserino off
2. Turn morserino on
3. Put morserino modus to cw keyer by
    rotating black knob.
4. Short click black knob to select cw  keyer
     You should see a narrow white rectangle
     at top of screen.
5. Short click the red button. You will
     hope fully see a small black rectangle
     next to the letters wpm. If so turn the
     black knob and the black space
     should begin to turn white from right
     to left and you should begin hearing the
     speaker.  If you don’t see a black space.
     turn the black knob and see if the
     numbers before wpm change. If so try
     giving the black knob another quick click
     and see if that gets you the black
     rectangle

This is what I have to do each time I start. If it doesn’t work for you I would contact Willi.

Good Luck
Charles

From: <morserino@groups.io> on behalf of "chmims via Groups.Io" <chmims@...>
Date: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 07:53