Topics

Morserino Wakes up; Funny effect!

DD1TOM

Funny effect:

when I upload a training txt file to the morserino, the battery status is correct after every wake up . Only after a "cold start" via the switch, the old problem returns and shows the fully loaded accu as nearly empty. Funny, isn't it? I attached the file: it is a random 4 chars training file, containing mostly german words...

73 de Tommes, DD1TOM

Willi, OE1WKL

Tommes,
this has nothing to do with the uploading of the file; it always happens when you restart or wake up the Morserino - then the displayed voltage is correct. But after switching the battery on, it shows something unreliable (normally that the battery is full, even when it is not. In your case it seems to be the opposite??)
I am currently investigating this, and I found out so far, that it takes up to 30 seconds after switching on until the reading of the battery becomes reliable. Currently I have no idea why this is so, or what I can do to improve the reading... but hoepfully trial and error will lead to some better results!

OE1WKL

Chris Morrison

Hmmm!

Now having exactly the same problem - sometimes battery shows as completely full, sometimes as totally discharged.
Recently, I can only get the Morserino to function while I have the battery charger attached, has stopped working altogether with the battery and the Rotary selector switch has stopped working too. A bit of a worry, was going well for a while!

Chris HB9HFB

Thingumybob.

On 20 Feb 2019, at 12:45, DD1TOM <dd1tom@...> wrote:

Funny effect:

when I upload a training txt file to the morserino, the battery status is correct after every wake up . Only after a "cold start" via the switch, the old problem returns and shows the fully loaded accu as nearly empty. Funny, isn't it? I attached the file: it is a random 4 chars training file, containing mostly german words...

73 de Tommes, DD1TOM
<word4.txt>

DD1TOM

Willi wrote: " it always happens when you restart or wake up the Morserino"....sorry dear friend may be my explanation was a little poor: after first time uploading this file it was also the first time I saw the full battery symbol after a "wake up". There were several tries of loading the battery "completely". Until then display showed weak batteries after a warm "wake up". Full battery is shown correctly everytime after a cold start by using power switch. Ok, may be this issue is useless ;-)

73 de Tommes, DD1TOM