Topics

Li-ion battery

Sheldon Howard

Hi all, I have a number of Li-ion batteries and would like to know if it is okay to use a lithium ion battery putting out 3.85 volts, instead of a lipo battery putting out 3.7 volts? The capacity is in excess of 1000 mAh.
Thanks for your help.
Shelly, W6DM

Willi, OE1WKL

As long as the voltage is always under 4.2 V  and over 3.3 V you could probably run the Morserino with it. But you should not try to charge the battery through it - the hardware charging logic In the Heltec module is strictly for lipos only.

Von meinem Mobiltelefon gesendet